These guidelines are for Ramsons licensees, authorized sellers, traders, customers, and other parties wishing to use Ramsons’s trademarks or images in promotional, advertising, instructional or reference materials or on their web sites, products, labels or packaging. Use of the Ramsons Logo for commercial purposes without the prior written consent of Ramsons may constitute trademark infringement and unfair competition in violation of federal and state laws. Use of Ramsons trademarks may be prohibited, unless expressly authorized.
If you are a licensee of a Ramsons trademark or logo and have been provided with special trademark usage guidelines with your license agreement, please follow those guidelines. If your license agreement does not provide usage guidelines, then follow these guidelines. If you are a Ramsons Authorized Seller or member of a Ramsons program, you may be subject to additional restrictions.
Ramsons’s trademarks, trade names, and trade dress are valuable assets. In following these guidelines, you help us protect our valuable trademark rights and strengthen our corporate and brand identities. By using a Ramsons trademark, in whole or in part, you are acknowledging that Ramsons is the sole owner of the trademark and promising that you will not interfere with Ramsons’s rights in the trademark, including challenging Ramsons’s use, registration of or application to register such trademark, alone or in combination with other words, anywhere in the world, and that you will not harm, misuse or bring into disrepute any Ramsons trademark. The goodwill derived from using any part of a Ramsons trademark exclusively inures to the benefit of and belongs to Ramsons. Except for the limited right to use as expressly permitted under these Guidelines, no other rights of any kind are granted hereunder, by implication or otherwise.
Authorized Use of Ramsons Trademarks
1. Advertising, Promotional, and Sales Materials: Only Ramsons and its authorized sellers and licensees may use the Ramsons Logo in advertising, promotional, and sales materials. Such authorized parties may use the Ramsons Logo only as specified in their agreement with Ramsons and any associated Guidelines and such use must always be in conjunction with the appropriate terms that define the relationship authorized by their contract with Ramsons. For example:
Authorized Value Added Seller
2. Compatibility: Traders may use Ramsons or any other Ramsons word mark (but not the Ramsons Logo or other Ramsons-owned graphic symbol/logo) in a referential phrase on packaging or promotional/advertising materials provided they comply with the following requirements.
a. The Ramsons word mark is not part of the product name.
b. The Ramsons word mark appears less prominent than the product name.
c. The product is in fact compatible with or otherwise works with, the referenced Ramsons product.
d. The reference to Ramsons does not create a sense of endorsement, sponsorship or false association with Ramsons or Ramsons products or services.
e. The use does not show Ramsons or its products in a false or derogatory light.
3. Publications, Seminars, and Conferences: You may use a Ramsons word mark in connection with book titles, magazines, periodicals, seminars or conferences provided you comply with the following requirements:
The use is referential and less prominent than the rest of the title.
b. The use reflects favorably on both Ramsons and Ramsons products.
c. Your name and logo appear more prominent than the Ramsons word mark on all printed materials related to the publication, seminar or conference.
d. The Ramsons logo or any other Ramsons-owned graphic symbol, logo, icon or image does not appear on or in the publication or on any materials related to the publication, seminar or conference without express written permission from Ramsons.
e. A disclaimer of sponsorship, affiliation or endorsement by Ramsons, similar to the following, is included on the publication and on all related printed materials: “(Title) is an independent (publication) and has not been authorized, sponsored or otherwise approved by Ramsons Industries Ltd.”
f. A trademark attribution notice is included in the credit section giving notice of Ramsons’s ownership of its trademark(s). Please refer to the section below titled “Proper Trademark Notice and Attribution.”
4. Web Sites: Web sites that serve only as noncommercial informational forums concerning a Ramsons product may use the appropriate Ramsons word mark, provided such use complies with the guidelines set forth in Section 3 above.
5. Ramsons Web Badge Licensing Program: Web sites may use one of the Ramsons Web Badges if the site uses or was created using Ramsons-branded hardware or software and you comply with the terms of the Ramsons Web Badges License Agreement and Guidelines. For more information see Ramsons Web Badges.
Unauthorized Use of Ramsons Trademarks
1. Company, Product or Service Name: You may not use or register, in whole or in part, Ramsons or any other Ramsons trademark, including Ramsons-owned graphic symbols, logos, icons or an alteration thereof, as or as part of a company name, trade name, product name or service name except as specifically noted in these guidelines.
2. Ramsons Logo and Ramsons-owned Graphic Symbols: You may not use the Ramsons Logo or any other Ramsons-owned graphic symbol, logo or icon on or in connection with web sites, products, packaging, manuals, promotional/advertising materials or for any other purpose except pursuant to an express written trademark license from Ramsons, such as a seller agreement.
3. Variations, Takeoffs or Abbreviations: You may not use an image of a real Ramsons or other variation of the Ramsons logo for any purpose. Third parties cannot use a variation, phonetic equivalent, foreign language equivalent, takeoff or abbreviation of a Ramsons trademark for any purpose. For example:
Not acceptable: Ramsonstree Ramsons Cart
4. Disparaging Manner: You may not use a Ramsons trademark or any other Ramsons-owned graphic symbol, logo or icon in a disparaging manner.
5. Endorsement or Sponsorship: You may not use Ramsons or any other Ramsons trademark, including Ramsons-owned graphic symbols/logos or icons, in a manner that would imply Ramsons’s affiliation with or endorsement, sponsorship or support of a third party product or service.
6. Merchandise Items: You may not manufacture, sell or give-away merchandise items, such as T-shirts and mugs, bearing Ramsons or any other Ramsons trademark, including symbols, logos or icons, except pursuant to an express written trademark license from Ramsons.
7. Ramsons’s Trade Dress: You may not imitate the distinctive Ramsons packaging, web site design, logos or typefaces.
8. Slogans and Taglines: You may not use or imitate a Ramsons slogan or tagline.
Rules for Proper Use of Ramsons Trademarks
1. Trademarks are adjectives used to modify nouns; the noun is the generic name of a product or service.
2. As adjectives, trademarks may not be used in the plural or possessive form.
3. Always spell and capitalize Ramsons’s trademarks exactly as they are shown in the Ramsons Trademark List. Do not shorten or abbreviate Ramsons product names. Do not make up names that contain Ramsons trademarks.
Proper Trademark Notice and Attribution
1. Distribution Within India Only
a. On product, product documentation or other product communications that will be distributed only in India, use the appropriate trademark symbol (TM, SM, ®) the first time the Ramsons trademark appears in the text of the advertisement, brochure or other material.
b. Refer to the Ramsons Trademark List for the correct trademark symbol, spelling of the trademark, and generic term to use with the trademark. Generally, the symbol appears at the right shoulder of the trademark (except the Ramsons Logo, where the logo appears at the right foot).
c. Include an attribution of Ramsons’s ownership of its trademarks within the credit notice section of your product, product documentation or other product communication.
Following are the correct formats:
_________ and _______ are registered trademarks of Ramsons Industries Ltd.
_________ and _______ are trademarks of Ramsons Industries Ltd.
2. Distribution Outside India:
a. Do not use trademark symbols on products, product documentation or other product communications that will be distributed outside India.
b. Use one of the following international credit notices:
_________ is a trademark of Ramsons Industries Ltd., registered in India.
_________ is a trademark of Ramsons Industries Ltd.
Depictions of Ramsons Products
Endorsement or Sponsorship: Ramsons does not support the use of its logos, company names, product names or images of Ramsons products by other parties in marketing, promotional or advertising materials as their use may create the perception that Ramsons endorses or sponsors the product, service or promotion.